Location: London (Euston, North Acton and West Ruislip); Remote
Start date: Rolling application, start date dependent on role
Opportunity: 6-month rolling returnship programme
The Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture (SCS JV) is partnering with Women Returners to welcome experienced professionals of all genders who have taken a career break of two years or more to join their 2023 Return-to-Work Programme. This is the fourth year of the programme, and participants will join other returners from 2020, 2021 and 2022 on the project.
The programme will provide the opportunity to work on High Speed 2 (HS2), the new railway that is re-balancing the economy and supporting jobs, apprenticeships and businesses in communities across the country, as well as helping to reduce overcrowding on existing lines.
What the Return to Work Programme offers:
- A paid minimum 6-month returners programme, with the aim of joining on a permanent basis thereafter
- You will be placed in a team where your skills and experience will be valued and utilised
- Tailored support and coaching to help with your transition back to work
- Consideration of any flexible needs to cater for different circumstances, recognising this is sometimes a barrier for those wanting to get back to work.
- Competitive salary
Read about the experiences of two of the returners on the 2020 Return to Work programme here:
Where you will work:
- High Speed 2 (HS2) is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
- You’ll join the Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture delivering the HS2 Main Civil Contracts.
- You will be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of SCS’s networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
The project has roles in a number of offices and sites across London in Euston, North Acton and West Ruislip.
What opportunities will be available:
Roles will be updated on a regular basis over 2022. Roles will be available across a wide range of disciplines and positions. SCS is particularly keen to hear from people with construction, infrastructure or major projects experience but this is not necessarily required. Areas involved in the programme are likely to include quality and technical assurance, project management, engineering, commercial and finance.
Who you are:
- A professional who has taken a career break of two years or more. You may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments, or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You have a keen interest in returning to the workplace using your professional skills and experience.
About the SCS JV
Skanska, Costain and STRABAG have been working collaboratively for many years, bringing together their collective strength to deliver world-class engineering, contributing to the long term economic growth of local and international markets. Communities are at the heart of every project. They build for those communities, providing employment and training.
The SCS JV values relationships and celebrates diversity. The partner companies, with cultures from the UK, Sweden, Austria and Germany, bring a diverse team together. They know people are at their best when they can be themselves so creating an inclusive environment is vital to them. Driving diversity and inclusion, through ground-breaking events such as The Changing Face of Construction event, as well as internal networking groups bringing people together, is how they are sharing best practice. Together they aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds, creating environments where people feel valued, able to contribute and reach their potential.
To find out more and apply
View the currently available roles and apply via the SCS JV website: Jobs and Careers with SCS. Roles available on the programme will be labelled ‘Return to Work’ and please make it clear on your CV that you are a Returner to be considered for the programme. They will be updated through the year so check back regularly.
Each role will be filled on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as possible when a suitable role comes up.
If you have any queries, please contact the People Team – firstname.lastname@example.org