Location: UK: London (Richmond)
Opportunity: Supported Hiring Programme
Apply by: 27 February 2022
**Applications have now closed**
RX (formerly Reed Exhibitions) is offering the opportunity to join their team with three permanent Business Analyst roles in Sales, Marketing, and Data and Reporting. Returners who have had a career break of 2 or more years are actively encouraged to apply for these supported hire roles. Flexible working options are available, including part-time or job share. Hybrid working – at the office and at home – is anticipated in the next few months, though fully remote options would be considered.
This is RX’s second returner programme; read about Mrinalini’s return to a Technology role with RX here.
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. They elevate the power of face to face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
Why join RX?
Opportunity belongs to everybody. RX have had to digitally transform their business over the past two years, while elevating the power of face to face events in the new normal. They embrace diverse talent and opinions so that RX will always be the best place for ambitious people to build their careers.
About the Programme
The Returner Programme offers the chance to make a successful transition back into the permanent workforce through:
- Professional Coaching from Women Returners
- A dedicated mentor who will provide support during onboarding
- A permanent role from Day One
- Ongoing development and support from the business
These positions will support multiple assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality, and strategic targets. With guidance and supervision from more senior members of the team, this role will undertake requirement gathering, analysis and definition and testing of business applications and functionality.
In the role you will:
- Analyse and document basic requirements and business processes
- Develop basic systems specifications, process flow, and conversion strategies
- Create basic technical and functional user documentation
- Follow established business processes, protocols, and quality standards in the development and deployment of basic solutions
- Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers as necessary
- Develop “trusted advisor” relationship with stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects
Who they are looking for
Ideally, you will have 2-3 years of experience as a Business Analyst, ideally working on complex systems and delivering through to launch and be keen to learn and grow your career. You will work in the following areas:
- Sales: rolling out and improving sales systems. Salesforce.com experience is desirable but not essential
- Marketing: rolling out and improving RX marketing systems. Eloqua experience is desirable but not essential
- Data and Reporting: Spanning across workstreams to improve their business intelligence and data lake capabilities. PowerBI and AWS Data Lake experience desirable, not essential; similar BI tools and experience is required
Ideally you will have the following:
- Experience equivalent to BS Engineering/Computer Science
- BS/BA degree in relevant IT discipline; Commercial BA/Testing or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years Business Analyst experience
- Ideally you have some experience of complex systems
- Ability to maintain automated test scripts
- Understanding of As-Is and To-Be processes
- Basic understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
- Understanding of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications.
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Moderate facilitation skills a plus.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
RX know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for them and have most of the skills or experience they’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what they need! They believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where their colleagues can succeed and grow.
How to apply
Please apply online here.
Closing date for applications is 27 February 2022. Please apply asap.
Please remember to include the dates of your career break in your application and highlight that you are a returner.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org