Location: UK: Edinburgh
Programme: 6-month returnship
Start Date: Late March 2022
Apply by: ASAP latest 30 January 2022 (extended)
**This programme is now closed for applications**
We are delighted to be partnering with abrdn, Baillie Gifford and BlackRock to launch the Returners to Financial Services Scotland Cross-Company Returner Programme 2022.
The Programme will run for 6 months from late March 2022. Opportunities are based in Edinburgh, and are expected to be hybrid working in line with government guidance. The Programme is targeted at experienced professional women looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more (as at March 2022) who are interested in returning to the Financial Services Sector.
The Programme is part of the Career Boost Programme, funded by the Scottish Government.
How will you benefit from the Programme?
- The Programme offers a professionally paid placement with one of the participating organisations for 6 months, from March to September 2022. Positions are at a professional level with a range of roles and areas available.
- The Programme will provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience to apply for a permanent role at the end of the 6-month returnship
- You will receive internal mentoring and a buddy, together with virtual coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a supportive peer network of like-minded women across the organisations.
- The Programme is expected to start remotely. Various flexible working options may be available during and after the programme depending on the employer organisation and the role.
Who are the participating employers looking for?
The Programme is aimed at individuals with a financial services background who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at March 2022). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Each company will have different additional criteria for the experience and skills they are looking for, according to the roles available.
As this is programme is supported by a targeted Scottish Government fund, applications are only open to women.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send CV & cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links in each individual company advert
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview
- Stage 3: Attend an interview with the organisation during Jan/Feb
Information on the Returners to Financial Services Scotland Cross-Company Returner Programme
The Returners to Financial Services Scotland Programme is now in its third year. The 2018 pilot programme supported 28 women to return to professional level roles within the industry and 86% secured permanent employment at the end of the programme. In 2019, 10 returners joined the programme with 7 securing employment post-programme.
‘”I would recommend this programme to anyone who has taken a career break. I don’t think I would be where I am today without this opportunity. During the programme I had interesting work which challenged me and enabled me to use my skills. The coaching and peer group support was just what I needed to support me back into the workplace.” 2018 programme participant.
How to apply
Click on the links below to find out more about the opportunities at each employer and to apply:
abrdn: Third Party ESG Lead, Operations Specialist, Fixed Income Research Analyst, Project Manager, Business Analyst and Internal Audit Roles
Baillie Gifford: Business Analyst, Project Manager, Software Developer, Infrastructure Analyst and DevOps Engineer
BlackRock: Business Operations, Finance, Aladdin Implementation Group and Internal Audit
The closing date for applications is 30 January 2022 (extended) at 23:59.
Questions? See FAQs. If you have other questions on the programme itself, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries on specific company placements, contact the individual company via the email on their advert.
You do not need to attend the launch event to apply.
With any questions please email email@example.com
The Women Returners Programme is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Skills Development Scotland.