Location: UK: London (with hybrid working)
Opportunity: 6-month cross-company returnship, part of the FinTech Cross-Company Returner Programme
Start date: January 2022
Apply by: 10 October 2021
Applications have now closed
PrimaryBid, a leading FinTech company working on democratising the public markets, is delighted to be participating in the FinTech Cross-Company Returner Programme 2022. This programme will be delivered within the Technology & Programme Management business areas and is targeted at professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more (as at January 2022).
What you can expect
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months starting in January 2022, with the strong possibility of an ongoing role at the end of the assignment.
- You will have the opportunity to work within the Programme Management or Technology team that supports all areas of the business.
- In addition to the Career Returners Coaching Programme support you will receive from Women Returners, PrimaryBid will partner you with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work, professional development and help to develop your internal professional network.
- Flexible working options are available depending on the role.
Who they are looking for
You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Highly collaborative people who are passionate about striving to grow the business.
- People who are naturally curious, strong communicators and can build effective relationships across departments and geographies and who enjoy working in an environment of high integrity and trust.
- Previous experience working within a fast paced environment ideally having knowledge or experience in Technology or Programme Management.
Opportunities on the Programme
You will be part of the Programme Management team, a team of people who are action driven, keen to understand different aspects of the business and there to support other teams in getting their projects done in a timely manner. A large part of the role is stakeholder management, getting to know the wider teams and providing them with oversight where possible. As a Project Manager you will have a helicopter view of different workstreams and will have to be able to communicate clearly to other parties on dependencies, risks and escalations. Projects can focus on any part of the business (tech, product, international expansion, marketing, legal, commercial). PrimaryBid will try to align the projects to your previous experience.
You will be a progressive thinking individual and a key member of the engineering team as ProjectBid continues to expand. You may be well experienced or have a single role behind you. In this role, you will collaborate with team members on product focused way of delivery, participate in daily team meetings and openly share with team members issues and blockers you encounter. You’ll learn the technology stack and make proposals for improvements when you see they are needed, develop quality assurance procedures with the QA team and write and implement efficient code.
PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee and Cellular Goods with it’s new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. They have commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK FinTech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s FinTech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit the links below to upload your CV and cover letter:
The closing date for applications is 10 October 2021. Interviews will take place during October/November.
If you have any questions please see the programme FAQs or feel free to contact the PrimaryBid team on email@example.com
If you have any questions on the overall cross-company programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org