* Applications are now closed *
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent roles
Closing date for applications: Apply ASAP
Garrison Technology Limited is excited to offer supported hiring opportunities within their London office. They are looking for Legal Counsel (full time or part-time available).
Successful candidates who has taken a career break of 18+months will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
About Garrison Technology
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying in both the government and commercial space, at scale. Their existing customers are large organisations averaging over fifty thousand employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
2021/22 is shaping up to be their busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place!
What they do
Garrison Technology make the internet a far safer place for work and play. They develop cyber security products that bring together their own electronic hardware, firmware and software to provide an unrivalled combination of security, usability and performance to ensure that risky web content is never processed on the user’s endpoint device.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, diligent and commercially astute Legal Counsel to join an innovative and steadily growing scale-up, where you will be tasked with supporting the entire business as a trusted advisor and commercial contracts lawyer. This is a permanent role and could be either full-time or part-time.
Working closely with the Head of Legal, you will provide a full range of commercial legal support to Garrison and its group companies, you will enjoy a busy and varied workload and have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the with the senior executives and the whole business. The primary focus will be on supporting the Sales team on B2B customer contracts , but you will also provide support to the Engineering and Production Teams, the Marketing Team, the HR Team and the Finance Team , on a variety of legal matters, and cross‐functional projects.
Prior experience of working with cyber security and/or SaaS solutions would be desirable but not essential, however you will need solid experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts in the field of technology, supporting a variety of different legal activity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Drafting, amending, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial contracts (UK, US and international), T&Cs and other legal documents (seeking input from other advisers and stakeholders as appropriate), with a main focus on agreements relating to equipment and component supply, hardware sales, software licensing and cloud services.
- Provide a pragmatic in-house legal support service to the organisation and to support the mitigation of risk arising from any legal, regulatory, compliance or governance issues.
- Managing and keeping up to date our contract template databases and playbooks.
- Provide support on privacy and data protection matters and assist in implementing data protection and security regulations.
- Assist with supplier matters such as supplier audits, contract reviews and negotiations, and marketing reviews.
- Providing legal training to the business when required.
- Support and occasionally lead on negotiations with customers.
- Accurately record information and maintain Non Disclosure Agreements and contract databases.
- Help address opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
Skills & experience required
You’ll be perfect if you have the following skills/experience:
- Qualified to practise law in the UK, with strong professional experience as a commercial lawyer. Candidates will be assessed on actual experience. Any qualification and practice in other jurisdictions may be taken into account. Please note we will ask for evidence of your qualifications during the recruitment process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail in delivery and high quality of work;
- Strong experience preferably in‐house, or at a top law firm (with secondment experience), with a focus on tech or commercial transactions.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts, preferably in the field of technology.
- Demonstrable experience of providing end‐to‐end contractual support from RFP stage to signature.
- Working knowledge of data protection and privacy law.
- Strong commercial acumen, able to take a pragmatic approach to legal risk and advise the business accordingly.
- Skilled at collaborating effectively with cross‐functional stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Openness and enthusiasm for learning about and taking on new areas of law.
How to Apply
Please click on the following links to apply:
If you have any questions on these roles, please email Edward Thorpe email@example.com