Women Returners, in partnership with STEM Returners, is running the STEM ReCharge project in 2023-4, with funding from the UK Government Equality Hub. STEM ReCharge is providing free support to returners and employers to enable experienced professionals with tech and engineering backgrounds, in the Midlands and North of England, to return to their careers after caring-related career breaks of a year or more.
Free Support for 100 Returners to Tech and Engineering:
- STEM ReCharge Return to Work Coaching and Skills Training Programme with small group based sessions delivered by an expert Women Returners Coach. Two cohorts ran in 2023.
- STEM ReCharge Mentoring Programme with 1:1 support from a STEM mentor
- STEM ReFresh Week with technical knowledge modules delivered by industry experts
- Monthly support sessions until mid 2024
Free Support for Tech and Engineering Employers:
- Free Career Returners Recruitment and Inclusion Training on supportive returner hiring and employment pathways for career returners ran w/o 26 June – 10 July. See here for details. If you are a qualifying employer and would like to access recordings of the training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Insight Events were run in Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Virtually in May-June 2024
- Monthly support sessions will be run for HR and hiring managers until mid 2024
Potential Return to Work Mentors: If you are UK-based, and a currently employed or recently retired experienced tech professional who is interested in mentoring a returner, see here for more details on registering as a Mentor.
For more Information and Support
See the Government Equality Hub Funding Announcement (11 February 2023) here
Join the free Women Returners Professional Network here for a wide range of support and access to opportunities.
Get in touch with the team on email@example.com