Location: UK (remote-working)
Opportunity: Part-time supported hiring role, initially 6-month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: ASAP latest 1 June 2022
* Applications are now closed *
Would you like to contribute to our mission of removing the career break penalty and making career breaks a normal part of a 40-50 year career?
We are looking for a Coach and Relationship Manager to join our team in a newly-created role. The Coach and Relationship Manager will work closely with the Head of Coaching to deliver coaching and other support to career returners, manage internal coaching enquiries and establish key relationships that support our social mission for the returner community.
The role will be 22.5 hours a week (equivalent of 3 days), worked across 4 days, so school-hours working will be possible. Initially on a fixed term contract, the intention is to move to a permanent hire if successful for both sides.
The role is open to all candidates with relevant skills and experience. Of course, we welcome applicants who have taken a career break, but this is not a requirement! If you’re successful and you’ve taken a career break of 2 or more years, we’ll provide you with coaching support through the transition back to work.
About the role
This is a busy and varied role supporting the Head of Coaching.
An important aspect is providing career returner coaching support, both to make returners ready to return and to support them through the transition once back at work. This could be in small groups or a one-to-one basis. Working with the Head of Coaching and the Women Returners Associate Coaching Team, you will help to design new coaching materials and ensure current materials are refreshed regularly. As part of our internal process, you will support the Associate Coaching Team with coaching evaluations (using Survey Monkey).
You will manage the coach inbox, understanding the needs of the returner enquiry and co-ordinating relevant coaching support with our Associate Coaching Team.
Relationship building also plays a large part in this role. You will have the opportunity to establish new connections and to build upon existing external relationships that will support and drive our social goal of providing free support, advice, motivation and inspiration to our Professional Network of over 7,500 returners.
Over and above the day-to-day priorities, you will take a lead role in supporting returner focused projects.
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of working in a corporate environment, who is interested in working for a purpose-driven organisation. We’d like to see:
- At least 18 months’ coaching experience, combined with formal training and/or accreditation. This could be from your own coaching practice or internally within a corporate role
- Ideally experience of coaching women on the journey back to work
- Experience of creating new and engaging coaching or training materials
- An understanding of returner programmes is not essential but would be beneficial
We’re a small and supportive team and we’re also looking for someone who is:
- Approachable and personable, recognising the importance of working collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners
- Empathetic – you will be liaising directly with our returner community to understand their needs and ensure we provide the relevant support on their return-to-work journey
- Able to manage your own workload and to prioritise effectively
- Positive, with a proactive solution-focused approach
- Flexible and adaptable. As we’re a small business, you’ll be ready and willing to step in to support the wider team on different and changing priorities and on day-to-day tasks
- Comfortable with tech and open to learning new tech skills along the way
You can be based anywhere in the UK. You will need to be available to travel to occasional meetings in London.
How to apply?
If you have relevant experience and would like to join our team, please send your CV and an email detailing why you would like to work with us in this role to Karen Danker, Head of Coaching on email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 1 June, but please apply as soon as possible. We’re hoping to find someone who can join our team as soon as possible so will be screening CVs immediately.
If you have any questions, please email Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!