Location: UK (remote-working with access to London)
Opportunity: Permanent job share role (2 or 3 days/week), supported hiring
Salary: £43,000 – 45,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: Apply ASAP
Applications have now closed
Update 6 May: Thank you for your applications – we are thrilled with the response and will be getting back to you this week. We will continue to accept applications until at least 9 May
We’re looking for two remote-working Business Support Managers to join our team. As our Business Support Manager is a multi-faceted full-time role, we’ve decided it will work really well as a job share, so we’re looking for two people with complementary skills and experience (one to work 3 days/week, the other 2 days/week). The work involves both liaising with clients and a wide variety of day-to-day and ad-hoc admin, including financial management, marketing, vendor management and organising business activities.
The role is open to all with relevant skills and experience. If you’re successful and you’ve taken a career break of 2+ years, we’ll provide you with coaching support through the transition back to work.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for people who share our passion for supporting career returners and who are:
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail, a love of process and a personable manner
- Able to manage your own workload and to prioritise effectively, with a problem-solving approach
- Flexible and adaptable. As we’re a small business, you’ll be ready to take on new projects as they come up
- With strong IT skills, a high level of written communication and excellent project management skills
- With experience of some or all of these areas: business contracts, compliance, GDPR, VAT, book-keeping, customer-relationship management databases and financial report production (note that as this is a job-share one person does not need to cover all of these skills)
- Familiarity with Xero, Mailchimp, Zoom and social media would be a plus but are not essential
- With experience of working in a professional corporate environment and, ideally, experience in a varied role within a small business
- You will enjoy streamlining operations and managing financials
This role would suit candidates with a background as a Senior Office Manager or a compliance/accounting/legal professional looking for more flexible work in a purpose-driven organisation. Of course, we welcome applicants who have taken a career break!
You can be based anywhere in the UK but will need to be available to travel to occasional meetings in London.
How to apply?
If you would like to join our team, please send an email detailing why you would like to work with us and your CV to Sue Salamon on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply as soon as possible. We’re hoping to find people who can join our team before the summer so will be screening CVs immediately.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!