Location: UK: Reigate (initially from home until office re-opens)
Start Date: Variable
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent role with flexible working
Closing date for applications: Apply ASAP
* Applications are now closed *
Willis Towers Watson is partnering with Women Returners for a role within Onboarding in their Operations team and welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply. Successful candidates who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
As an Onboarding Specialist you will join the Towers Watson Investment Management (“TWIM”) Funds Onboarding Team. This team sits within the Global Investment Operations Team (“GIOps”) at Willis Towers Watson (“WTW”).
The successful candidate will support the onboarding of new clients into their inhouse funds (TWIM), as well as providing support to existing investors.
The On-boarding Specialist’s key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to a variety of aspects of the on-boarding process for client investments
- Forming relationships and liaising with various internal and external parties including Clients, WTW Client Consulting, Portfolio Management, Product, Client Services, Trade Management and Middle Office teams and WTW Transfer Agents.
- Effectively communicating the requirements and key deadlines for the Funds to their clients.
- Understanding and responding to individual clients’ unique requirements and queries.
- Managing simultaneous and sometimes challenging tasks and deadlines.
- Following procedures to ensure all transactions (subscriptions, redemptions, switches, transfers, drawdowns, late settlements) are carried out correctly and efficiently.
- Maintaining and updating their trade flow database and verifying and filing trading schedules provided by the Transfer Agent.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship management skills and a commitment to providing a ‘best in class’ service to clients
- Experience of on-boarding clients into an Asset Manager, comfortable with fund subscription documents, and AML/KYC work a distinct advantage
- Ability to build strong networks and collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive self-starter with a can do attitude to your work
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to monitor and manage multiple tasks, often within short timeframes, handling conflicting priorities
- High level of attention to detail, including reviewing draft documentation for clients
- Ability to work autonomously, asking for help when required
- Understanding of a trade lifecycle
- Understanding of risk management principles and ability to comply to our work quality procedures.
- Innovative mind, not only in terms of suggesting improvement to existing processes and procedures, but also in your approach to responding to client queries.
Willis Towers Watson has partnered with Women Returners as part of the Diversity Project Cross-Company Programme and for Supported Hiring roles, as such you will benefit from being part of a returner cohort at the organisation. You can read Laverne’s return to work story here.
Apply through the online portal links below including your CV and cover letter. Please note in your cover letter that you are applying via Women Returners.
If you are interested learning more about this role please email Rachael Acheampong on Rachael.Acheampong@willistowerswatson.com