Locations: UK: Newbury, London, Manchester, Stoke & UK-wide
Start date: Rolling application, start date varies by role
Programme: Supported hiring into permanent roles with part-time/flexible working
Returning to work after a career break? ReConnect with Vodafone and join their award-winning careers programme
ReConnect, is designed to support you back into the workplace after you’ve taken a career break. Vodafone values the talent and experience you can bring to their organisation. The programme is for anyone who has taken a career break between 1-10+ years, whatever the reason might be.
ReConnect applies to most vacancies at Vodafone UK, meaning that you can apply for any opportunities that match your skillset and experience, at all levels. The ReConnect team will support you through the process. To help you feel prepared when applying for a role, take a look at their helpful hints and tips for CV writing and interview prep.
If successful, Vodafone will offer you a permanent role, and in the first 6 months of your joining, you will get 5 days’ pay for 4 days’ work per week to support your transition back into work. As well as the support from your line manager and Vodafone’s Employee Networks, you will benefit from a wide range of learning resources on core skills and working practices.
Who is eligible to join the programme?
- Anyone currently on a career break of 1 – 10+ years
- This programme is inclusive to all and is a gender-neutral programme
How will I benefit from the programme?
- You’ll join Vodafone UK as a permanent employee
- In your first 6 months, you will work 4 days per week and be paid for 5 days
- You’ll have the option to remain working 4 days per week post the 6-month transition period
- You’ll adapt to Vodafone’s #FutureReady ways of working involving collaborative team time in the Vodafone offices and working remotely from home.
- You’ll be part of Vodafone’s infectious spirit and curiosity to innovate and create the future.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop and reconnect with your career!
You will be offered support throughout the programme:
- Regular meetings will be put in place with your manager to review your progress.
- Coaching and mentorship are available within this programme, allowing you to learn from others and be equipped with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to fully develop.
- A blended approach of on-the-job and online learning will allow you to thrive in your return to work. You will have access to the exclusive Vodafone University platform, which hosts a variety of courses and online learning opportunities and is designed to help you to upskill and develop the skills of your choice.
- A support community of other ReConnectors across the business
- A range of Employee Networks, including Vodafone’s Multicultural Inclusion Network, LGBT+ Friends Network, Parents & Carers Network and VodABILITY Inclusion Network.
How do I apply?
Most roles at Vodafone UK are eligible for the Reconnect Programme. Read more about the programme and See here for current vacancies: Returning to Work with Vodafone
Note that this programme is currently not open to Customer Service & Retail vacancies.
Vodafone encourages you to apply for any vacancy of interest that matches your skills and preferences. If you see yourself be a ‘Reconnect’ applicant, please select yourself as this in the process on the application system to highlight this to the resourcing team.
Any questions? Please get in touch with Careers8@vodafone.com
Vodafone is a large tech-communications company that operates globally and at a UK level. They are committed to driving new and innovative technology growth to enrich the lives of their customers and to build a better future. They recognise the importance of connected living both externally and internally and this is demonstrated by the value they place on their fixed and mobile infrastructure. They work in a fast-paced environment and are geographically based both in the UK and with partners based off-shore. They harness the power of their own technology to drive an inclusive culture for all and also allow their employees to work flexibly and collaboratively.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. They are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of their business. They actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of their journey.
For more information click here.