Location: UK: London
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into permanent roles
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 31 March 2023 * Applications have now closed *
Veritas Asset Management LLP is excited to partner with Women Returners to appoint a newly created Business Manager role (part time) and a seasoned Investment Risk and Data & Analytics Specialist reporting into the Chief Operating Officer. Veritas Asset Management welcomes candidates who have taken an extended career break to apply for these roles. Candidates who have taken a career break of more than 2 years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. During your career break, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Your career break could be for any reason.
Veritas was established in 2003 with the central philosophy of protecting and growing the real purchasing power of clients’ capital over the long term.
Today, Veritas manages c£20B for its clients across two primary equity franchises: Global and Asia. After being employee-owned since founding, Veritas entered a partnership with Affiliated Managers Group in 2014 within the context of ensuring long term succession and sustainability of the Partnership.
Veritas is investment-led and has a long track record of controlling growth (i.e., not asset gathering at the expense of its founding investment philosophy principles and process). Veritas does not seek to be all things to all people and dilutes its distinctive investment approach. Veritas invests its own capital alongside clients, on the same terms and looks after if it was its own life savings.
Veritas currently has 46 staff with locations in London and Hong Kong.
Business Manager (part-time, 3 or 4 days a week)
The role is advertised on a part-time basis (3 or 4 days a week) and Veritas expects the successful candidate to be office based for 3 days a week.
This is an exciting stand-alone role reporting into the COO. The successful candidate will be involved in the strategic running of a boutique asset management firm and key business initiatives. The overarching objective of the role is to support the COO in the effective planning and running of the Firm operations through diligent project management, effective stakeholder engagement and clear communication to the wider Firm.
- Manage governance framework ensuring the Firm’s committee structure is effective in driving decisions and actions implementation
- Assist the COO in driving effective project management & cross functional collaboration
- Support the COO with improving current processes and coordinate initiatives to optimise efficiency and productivity
- Keep the COO effective and organised with logistics
- Manage and coordinate annual business planning process with the COO & other department Heads
- Create content on behalf of the COO to support business processes including production of the presentations and data analysis for Board and Committee meetings
- Support the COO on the full life cycle of a project from inception to implementation including change management and budget control
- Support the COO in being effective i.e., ensure smooth running of the day and relevant paperwork / agenda items have been actioned ahead of meetings
- Support the smooth and effective preparation and running of recurring committee meetings (e.g., Operating Committee, Management Committee, Managing Partner Board, Remuneration Committee, Investment Risk Committee)
Key skills required
- Solid project management skills with an eye for the detail
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Sound communication skills both written and oral
- Organised, ability to stay personally organised while managing high volume of work and conflicting priorities for the COO
- Resourceful with a focus on developing commercial solutions
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills – generally MS Office literate
- Seasoned Business Manager, Operations or Project Manager
- Sound understanding of Asset Management industry and its generic underlying regulatory requirements
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with financial planning and analysis
- Ability to work effectively and influence senior stakeholders and get on well with everyone at all levels
- Ability to drive and implement change
Investment Risk and Data & Analytics Specialist (full-time)
The role is advertised on full-time basis with 3 days a week office based.
The Investment Risk & Data Analytics Specialist is a stand-alone role that will report directly into the COO. The role will be responsible to lead the investment risk function in the Firm and to spearhead key strategic data analytics initiatives:
- Drive all investment risk activities & reporting in accordance with our regulatory requirements working closely with the Portfolio Managers and COO
- Act as a wider data analytics internal consultant to provide best in class data analytics solutions to the Firm
- Coach and educate teams on data analytics tools and processes
- Be the prime contact to drive investment risk function across the Firm
- Support the day-to-day analysis of the Risk function including daily VAR reports, drift analysis and liquidity tracking of portfolios
- Assist the portfolio managers with the development of quantitative monitoring processes covering positions sizes, style drift and counterparty exposures
- Develop risk reports in conjunction with Chief Operating Officer and Portfolio Managers
- Produce regular Risk Reports as required for internal committees and Fund Board meetings
- Rationalise, standardise and automate performance reporting analytics including ESG data
- Identify user friendly interface to enhance user’s experience
- Drive insight from data and support more effective decision making process
- Provide leadership all on aspects of project management – drive project plans, identify risks and key milestones and track to plan
Key skills required
- Thorough understanding of risk analytics for an investment manager
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills with a proven track record of creating excel models; SQL database; VBA
- Analytical mindset
- Thorough understanding of the FCA and SEC rules
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant experience and proven track record in an investment risk role within the asset management sector with a strong focus on institutional accounts, UCITS funds and U.S Mutual Funds in the asset management sector
What you can expect at Veritas Asset Management
Veritas is an investment-led boutique asset management firm with a strong partnership and entrepreneurial culture. People are the engine of growth at Veritas and the organisation relies on a unique blend of skillset, domain expertise and intellectual curiosity. The organisational structure is flat encouraging people to take greater ownership and execution for their own areas.
Veritas partners with charitable organisations to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. People are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about.
Veritas is also committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. Veritas serves its clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of its commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
Veritas offers an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary & discretionary cash bonus
- Private health insurance cover
- Travel insurance cover
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provision
- Income protection
- Life assurance cover
- Health and wellness benefits, including:
- gym subsidy
- employee assistance programme
- on-line counselling
- cycle to work scheme
- virtual GP service
- 2 paid volunteering days to support the charity of your choice every year
- Season ticket loan
- Sabbatical leave after 10 years (2 weeks paid)
How to Apply
Veritas wants to give all candidates the best opportunity to shine. If you need any adjustments to be made during the application and selection process, please let them know.
If you wish to be considered for the role, please send a copy of your CV and covering note explaining why you are excited to join Veritas, to Sandra Phelan Head of HR Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The closing date for both roles is 31 March 2023.
For more information about Veritas please visit https://www.vamllp.com/