This event has now passed.
Location: Online (for UK-wide opportunities, after a six month virtual training programme)
Date: 13 July 2021 (10am – 12pm)
Programme: Career Change Programme Insight Event for Returners
The St. James’s Place Academy is partnering with Women Returners to co-host a Career Returners event aimed at introducing returning women to the St. James’s Place career change opportunity, which offers a retraining programme to become a qualified financial planner. Initial training will take place virtually, providing a national opportunity with no travel required.
This event will address the entrepreneurial spirit of women, and look at how more and more women are choosing to leave the corporate world to run their own business. St. James’s Place is delighted that a third (36%) of the current recruits across the Academy are women. This is growing year-on-year and is substantially more than the national average of women who provide financial advice in the UK.
Join us for a morning of speaker sessions to learn about the Academy’s two-year career change programme. St. James’s Place will highlight the opportunities the Academy has provided to a number of women which has enabled them to take control of their working lives and lead the way, running their own businesses. Additionally some women have joined one of the established St. James’s Place Practices. You will also benefit from a Women Returners coaching workshop on preparing for your return to work.
About the Programme
The programme provides an exciting and highly supported pathway into career opportunities within wealth management. St. James’s Place Academy is committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment and they value the experience and knowledge that a career returner brings to the workplace. The initial and comprehensive training starts with a six months’ virtual training course, known as the Foundation stage. You will gain all the skills and technical knowledge you’ll need to take and pass the exams, to become a qualified financial planner. Following this stage, you will continue developing your skills, supported by a Development Manager and a Mentor, as you build your wealth management business.
For more details click this link: St. James’s Place Academy Career Change Programme
Eligibility for the Event
- The event is aimed at potential applicants for the Academy’s two-year career change programme.
- This event is focused on women. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You will have previous financial services experience OR transferable skills from outside financial services and an interest in this area.
- You will hold a valid UK passport or have indefinite Leave to Remain already granted, which requires a minimum of 5 years living in the UK.
- Date: Tuesday 13 July 2021
- Timing: 10.00am-12pm
- Location: Online on Zoom
To Register for the Event
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please register here
If you have any questions, please email: Gee.Foottit@sjp.co.uk with ‘Returner Event Query’ in the title
- Only people registered in advance will be able to attend the event.
- By registering, you are agreeing that St. James’s Place Wealth Management and Women Returners can contact you before and after the event.