Location: Scotland (Delivered virtually via Zoom)
Opportunity: 3-week Return to Work Bootcamp (part-time during school hours) and Connection Event
Dates: 22 February to 12 March 2021 (Bootcamp); Mid-late March (Event)
Apply by: 8 February 2021 (Bootcamp)
**Applications are now closed**
Women Returners is delighted to launch our new Return to Work Accelerator, funded by the Scottish Government Women Returners Fund. This is a fantastic free-of-charge opportunity for our Scottish returner community to access virtual return to work coaching, refresh your IT skills, broaden your professional network and, potentially, meet with prospective returner employers.
The Return to Work Accelerator has two components designed to support women in Scotland who are currently on an extended career break of 12 months or more, and who wish to return to professional level work.
- Return to Work Bootcamp, 22 February to 12 March 2021. A 3-week return to work career coaching and IT skills programme delivered in 2-hour sessions during school hours, 2 days each week. Applications are now open for the Bootcamp – see further details below.
- Return to Work Connection Event, mid-late March 2021. An opportunity for returners to meet with employers who are interested in hiring returning talent into their organisation. More details, including how to register for the Event, will be available in early February. Note that you do not need to attend the Bootcamp to register for the Event.
About the Return to Work Bootcamp
The Bootcamp will provide tailored support to address the practical and psychological barriers to returning to work, to develop job search skills and to refresh your IT skills. Coaching modules, facilitated by Women Returners expert coaches, will include rebuilding confidence, tackling fears and doubts, clarifying career direction, creating CVs and LinkedIn Profiles, and developing interviewing and networking skills. The IT session, run by our partners Computer Fitness, will include refresher skills updates on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and advice on using Cloud in the workplace.
The 12-hour Bootcamp will be delivered remotely via Zoom in small interactive groups, encouraging a peer support network of like-minded individuals. As the Accelerator is funded by the Scottish Government, there is no cost for attending the Bootcamp.
How will I benefit from the Return to Work Bootcamp?
During the Bootcamp you will:
- Build your professional confidence
- Develop an optimal return to work mindset
- Clarify your career direction
- Identify your key strengths
- Understand how to write a compelling CV
- Learn how to create (or refresh) your LinkedIn profile following a career break
- Develop interview skills and know how to prepare for an interview
- Develop networking skills
- Create an action plan for your return to work
- Refresh your IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Learn about using the Cloud in the workplace
- Meet with other returners to create a return to work support network
Eligibility for the Bootcamp
This fully-funded opportunity is available to all women in Scotland who have taken an extended career break of 12 months or more for childcare, caring, redundancy or health reasons. Applications are particularly welcomed from women from rural areas, ethnic backgrounds and older age groups in line with the Scottish Government target areas.
How to Apply for the Bootcamp
Places are limited and will be allocated with consideration for funding diversity targets. To apply, please complete our short application form here to assist us with the selection process.
The closing date for Bootcamp applications is Monday 8 February 2021. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 12 February 2021.
If you have any questions on the Return to Work Accelerator, please contact Hazel@womenreturners.com