Location: UK: Edinburgh
Start: Late September/Early October
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into a permanent role (part-time/flexible)
Closing Date: 11 July 2022 (Extended)
*Applications have now closed*
Kiltearn Partners LLP was established in 2011 to specialise in global investment management. The firm is a long only manager that principally invests in publicly traded global equity securities. The firm has offices in Edinburgh and in Pittsburgh, USA. The successful applicant will perform multiple tasks over a range of areas within the firm.
Successful hires who have taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or not done any paid work for a number of years.
The Office Manager will be dealing with a wide range of administrative tasks such as general office management, supporting everyone within the firm, and maintaining diaries. The varied aspect of the role implies strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills coupled with high level of confidentiality and integrity.
Core responsibilities include:
- Arranging meetings, maintaining diaries, booking, setting up and clearing meeting rooms
- Arranging lunches, booking restaurants & transportation
- Typing letters, memos, minutes, company investment reports, faxes
- Creating & editing presentations in PowerPoint
- Assist in arranging travel itineraries
- Manning the office switchboard
- Ordering UK & overseas couriers, general responsibility for postal services within the Firm
- Maintaining sufficient stationary & H&S supplies
- Liaising with various office contractors including window cleaning, cleaning, fire safety, building management etc.
- Assist Management in oversight of calendars and other ad-hoc tasks
- Arranging social events
- Assisting in arrangements for annual firm Offsite
- Maintaining procedures & KOPs up to date
- Update and maintenance of Office related policies such as H&S, Travel, Out of Pocket Expenses etc..
Core skills required:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, are essential
- Likely successful candidates must demonstrate numeracy, accuracy, organisational skills and attention to detail, as these are critical functions of the role
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, are important
- Excellent organisation skills
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to multi-task within tight deadlines
- High level of confidentiality/integrity
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Industry experience
- Significant previous experience of diary management is essential
- Ability to maintain focus and prioritise in a fixed deadline environment is important
- Prepared to undertake a wide variety of tasks
Hours and Location:
- Flexible and based entirely on the candidate (The role isn’t likely a full time role at present, but could develop into one over time). As a minimum, looking at 20hrs+
- Flexible, but predominantly office based. Kiltearn staff are currently operating four days in the office with the option of one day at home. There is scope for further flexibility if needed
Salary and Benefits:
- £30,000 to £40,000 based on Full time hours and experience
- Five weeks’ holidays (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Royal London pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Full in-house training will be provided, as necessary
- Annual company offsite.
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or natural origin, religion, belief, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please submit to your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘Returner Application’ in the subject of your application email.
Please apply ASAP
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Robert McGinty on firstname.lastname@example.org