Location: UK: London
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent role
Start date: September/October 2023
Closing date: 4 July 2023
*Applications have now closed*
Grosvenor is pleased to partner with Women Returners to appoint a newly created Portfolio Manager role (part time), reporting into the Investment Director of the Financial Investment Portfolio. Grosvenor welcomes candidates who have taken an extended career break to apply for these roles. Candidates who have taken a career break of more than 2 years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. During your career break, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Your career break could be for any reason.
Grosvenor is an international organisation whose activities span urban property, food and agtech, rural estate management and support for philanthropic initiatives. They develop, manage, and invest to improve property and places across many of the world’s leading cities. In the food and agtech sector their growing investment portfolio includes some of the industry’s most innovative businesses working towards a better food system. They manage rural estates and their environmentally sensitive habitats, while supporting charitable initiatives targeted at vulnerable young people.
They are a values-led organisation which represents the Grosvenor family and share a common purpose – to deliver lasting commercial, social, and environmental benefit – addressing today’s needs while taking responsibility for those of future generations.
At Grosvenor, they seek to recruit and develop people who share their values of integrity, respect and trust, and have the skills and ambition to help them successfully deliver their strategy. They live up to their promises, build lasting relationships with their partners and work closely and responsibly with local communities.
About the role
Grosvenor is looking to appoint a newly created Portfolio Manager role reporting into the Investment Director for the Financial Investment Portfolio. This is the non-property investment portfolio which invests in listed funds, private equity and hedge funds. The role is offered on a 3 day a week basis, with flexibility on how the 3 days are split providing business requirements are met.
The overarching objective of the role is to support the Investment Director in overseeing the portfolios whilst effectively engaging with stakeholders. The individual in this role is expected to be a source of objective challenge and debate with the Investment Director on both tactical opportunities and strategic direction for the Financial Investment Portfolios which cover listed funds, private equity and hedge funds. Going forward there will be increased focus on helping Grosvenor achieve its net zero target through the Financial Investment Portfolio so an interest in Sustainability is imperative.
- Preparation of family, endowment and Trustee reports on a quarterly basis.
- Monitoring the performance of the Charitable endowments and making recommendations to the Trustees.
- Support Investment Director in formulating and developing investment plans appropriate to the Grosvenor Investment Vehicles, and any other vehicles in conjunction with external advisers.
- Formulating asset allocation across equities, fixed interest, hedge funds, private equity and alternative assets (but not property), assisted by external advisers.
- Liaise with advisers and managers and keeping the performance of the external advisers under review.
- Collaborate with Family Office Finance team on future cashflows and investor requirements.
- Utilise and monitor the reporting system. Update Private Equity data. Reconcile with advisers reporting.
- Developing and fostering good relationships with other family offices and professional intermediaries.
What are they looking for
Qualifications / Experience
- A good degree, possibly with a post-grad or business qualification. A CFA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in asset allocation, fund or listed equities investment/analysis or corporate investment analysis. This experience might have been gained at a fund/private equity manager, wealth manager, investment consultant, family office.
- Ideally Family Office experience and existing network.
- Ideally experience in implementation of ESG policies into investment portfolios.
- Resourceful with a focus on developing commercial solutions.
- Familiarity with the investment industry, investment theory and practice and leading players in the marketplace.
- A discerning and enquiring mind combined with an analytical approach and sound judgment, in order to identify good investment ideas amongst a large volume of possibilities.
- A high level of technical competence in constructing/maintaining databases and spreadsheets on Excel or other quantitative software. Familiarity with Bloomberg/Reuters/other publicly available data sources. Competence with all usual MS Office applications.
- A very high standard of written English, with the ability to convey complex issues in a clear and straightforward way. Strong verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the interpersonal ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Leads themselves by taking responsibility, being positive and tackling challenges with enthusiasm.
- Works well with others by building positive relationships, working with integrity, being direct and straightforward whilst respecting and considering others.
- Plans and organises well, by prioritising their activities and managing their time.
- Ability to work flexibly, able to work additional hours if needed.
Grosvenor offers a competitive salary & benefits package. Further details are available upon expression of interest.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Recruitment.EEO@grosvenor.com by 4 July 2023. In your cover letter please feel free to highlight any additional information from your career break which may be relevant to this role. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
For any queries or further details please e-mail Recruitment.EEO@grosvenor.com