Location: UK-wide opportunities
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: Mid-September 2023
Apply by: 21 May 2023 (extended)
*Applications have now closed*
Gallagher UK is partnering with Women Returners to launch their Career Returners Programme aimed at supporting returning professionals whose previous careers were in Insurance, Financial Services or Consulting industries. By introducing this programme, Gallagher wants to support those who have been out of the workplace for 18 months or more.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. They help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper.
Gallagher has over 70 offices dotted around the UK, from Aberdeen to Exeter and Ipswich to Belfast. For the nationwide opportunities above, you would need to be in one of their offices a few times a week.
The Gallagher Way, their set of shared values and guiding tenets, motivates their culture. A culture driven by their people, over 30,000 strong, serving their clients with customised solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
What can you expect from the program?
- A 6-month paid employment opportunity, with a strong possibility of a permanent role at the end of the programme
- Specialised coaching from Women Returners to support your return to the workplace
- A mentor from a relevant Gallagher employee affinity group
- A buddy to assist you in learning the ropes
- Access to a curated suite of training and learning opportunities
- Program of learning and networking opportunities with leaders from Gallagher
- An opportunity to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and grow your network
Gallagher offers hybrid office/home working and flexible working hours. All flexible working requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis with the manager.
Who is it for?
At Gallagher they know that the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you, so please don’t hesitate to apply—they’d love to hear from you.
You will be an experienced professional who has the right to work in the UK and who has had a career break of 18 months or more as at September 2023. You may have been working small-scale around other commitments or not done any paid work during this period.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply to the programme.
You will be interested in joining a values-led business, embracing the Gallagher Way and kick starting the next chapter of your career.
Gallagher are keen to hear from people whose previous careers were in Insurance, Financial Services or Consulting industries.
You will have had previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Insurance Sales and Business Development – Nationwide
- Insurance Broking and/or Account Management – Nationwide
- Product Development/Legal – London
- Operations Management – Chelmsford
- Finance Business Partner (CIMA, ACCA or CA) – London
- Mortgages – London
How to Apply
To apply to the programme please click here.
Closing date for applications is 14 May (extended).
If you have any specific questions on the programme or eligibility, please contact Ari Zastawna.