Location: UK: Kingswood, Surrey
Start Date: Variable
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent role, part of the Diversity Project Supported Hiring Programme
Closing date for applications: Please apply ASAP
* Applications are now closed *
As part of the Diversity Project Supported Hiring initiative, Fidelity International welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply for a Data Specialist position.
A successful candidate who has taken a career break of 18+months will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
About the Role
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate Fidelity International from the competition? It’s a technological world – their clients want to engage with them using creative websites, great apps and through a first-class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. Fidelity takes pride in being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything they do. Their teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. They embrace a “start-up” approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. Fidelity values a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking. If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) are responsible for the day to day running of Fidelity’s IT solutions and services, providing secure, reliable, and accessible infrastructure on a global scale, enabling their employees and customers to feel supported and secure. TIS are also responsible for supporting business delivery and TIS projects, as well as managing all infrastructure that their application landscape and business depend upon.
This fast-paced role will sit within Fidelity’s Technology Data Programme. This new and rapidly expanding programme is completely transforming Technology’s data. The way they think about it, how they maintain/ensure it’s fit for purpose and how it’s presented and validated against its golden source.
Due to the scale of this programme, Fidelity is excited to be forming a dedicated Technology data enablement team to support their ambitious roadmap. They are at the very beginning of their journey, so it’s a great time to join their hardworking and passionate team where their progress is underpinned by high quality data. They are interested in sourcing potential candidates who can demonstrate a real passion for all things data, with the ability to be a self-starter, investigate and track data anomalies and work with stakeholders across the globe. If this brief overview has tempted you, please read on!
Purpose of your role
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving data quality initiatives Technology wide.
- Understand the application attributes required to support key business processes
- Liaise with multiple global stakeholders including Technology Subject Matter Experts to correct application metadata and ownership
- Review and improve existing process and ownership to remove manual effort maintaining application attributes
- Review current data quality KPIs & work to coordinate and implement initiatives to fix underlying data and processes.
- Coordinate and plan initiatives to ensure timely delivery of overall tasks
- Monitor & close identified data gaps and highlight risks in achieving this
- Champion the criticality and benefits of active data management and data governance within broader Technology teams
Your skills and experience
- Awareness of the risk and impact of not maintaining accurate data and attributes
- Experience of a Data Role within a large organization is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Data Quality practices and processes is preferred
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility, learn new tools and processes to drive better data management
- Ability to work independently with various internal Fidelity departments at all levels
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Share your passion with the team and bring other along on our data journey
- Working knowledge of Service-Now (Technology service management portal)
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, they think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, their clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers, and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Fidelity clients come from all walks of life and so do their employees. They are proud of their inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. They are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Fidelity is committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting their people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, their business, their colleagues and their clients. Fidelity offers the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. They call this new approach “dynamic working”.
Apply through the online portal here.
Closing date: Please apply ASAP