Location: UK (London); India (Mumbai); Hong Kong; Japan (Tokyo); Singapore; Australia (Sydney); China (Shanghai)
Programme: Supported hiring or retraining
Start date: ASAP/Flexible
Apply by: ASAP
Applications are now closed
Fidelity International, a leading investment solutions and retirement company, is participating with Women Returners to support returning professionals wishing to resume or start a career in equity research. Fidelity is looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds, including individuals returning from a career break, to bring new perspectives to their Global Investment Research team. This is an exciting opportunity for people with a demonstrated passion for sustainability, as this will be a core focus of these roles.
What you can expect
- You will start directly into a permanent role, working in a global team within a growing international business.
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners, together with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work. Training will be provided to either refresh your knowledge and skills or support you to retrain into a new area.
- Flexible working options are available depending on the role
Who Fidelity is looking for
Fidelity is seeking candidates from a range of backgrounds and experience – both within and outside of Financial Services. Candidates must have the innate qualities of being entrepreneurial, highly-motivated, collaborative and comfortable taking calculated risks. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a high degree of independent thought, intellectual curiosity and honesty.
They are looking for candidates who have most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for sustainability and business
- With experience and exposure in fields/roles that require strong analytical, data-mining, numerical, research and/or problem solving capabilities
- Excellent writing and drafting skills, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English (and Chinese/Japanese/Indian dependant on location of the role)
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- A strong “can do” attitude and sense of urgency, with the ability to influence strategic change and get things done
- Team oriented with a creative and innovative mind-set
- Highly organised yet flexible, deadline oriented with an ability to work under pressure
- Able to effectively prioritise multiple competing time demands
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation for providing supporting analysis
- Stakeholder management skills; an ability to form relationships and influence
In addition, for those taking immediate stock coverage:
- Previous stock coverage and / or evidenced ability to effectively pitch buy / sell stock recommendations
- A demonstrated passion for financial markets
Global Investment Research (GIR) is a newly formed department, bringing together Fidelity’s existing Equity, Fixed Income and Research Specialist teams across the globe into a world leading research business. The foundations to Fidelity’s fundamental research is their approach to sustainable investment to further imbed this key strategy into our processes. With additional input from the wider investment business, including trading, portfolio management and investment directing, this combined function enables all investors to collaborate and actively work to seek and influence investment decisions with client needs at the forefront.
The research department – 125 global equity analysts and an additional 90 Research Specialists based across India and China, provide analysis on companies, stocks and sectors, working closely with fund managers to select stocks for their portfolios.
Purpose of the Role
The primary responsibility of the Equity Research Associates is to generate high conviction, investment recommendations based on differentiated, in-depth analysis of industry and company fundamentals with a sustainable investing lens. Associates will have both responsibilities specifically aligned to sustainability-related data and broader investment responsibilities (see link below for more details).
You will be paired with an experienced member of the team who will provide training, mentoring, and support while you develop and hone your investment acumen and skills.
Either immediately or after a period of training and reskilling, depending on your prior experience and readiness, you will be responsible for analysing a group of stocks within an industry vertical, making investment recommendations and being an integral and collaborative part of the global research and asset management effort.
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company driven by the needs of their clients, not shareholders. Their vision is to deliver innovative solutions for a better future for their clients. They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their employees are passionate, engaged, smart and curious and are given the independence to make a difference.
Fidelity are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that they retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs. Discover more about Fidelity International here.
How to Apply
To apply for the Fidelity Equity Research Programme, please click on the relevant link below:
** Make sure to clearly show your career break on your CV**
- India: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
- HK: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
- Singapore: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
- Japan: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
- Australia: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
- China: Equity Research Associate (myworkdayjobs.com)
Please apply as soon as possible
With any questions, please email: