Opportunity: Supported Hiring into a permanent role
Start date: To be agreed
Chaucer is delighted to be partnering with Women Returners for this supported hiring opportunity for a Security Operations Manager. The successful candidate with a career break of 12 months+ will receive return to work coaching from Women Returners to support your transition back into the workplace.
Chaucer recognises that a diverse workforce, and an inclusive workplace, are core to their success as a business and they recruit from the widest available pool of talent and provide an extensive range of family friendly policies to help them achieve this. This includes flexible working, where they offer flexitime, staggered hours and working from home options.
About the role
The Security Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Security Operations team, which deploys process and technology to continuously monitor and improve Chaucer’s security position, while preventing, detecting, analysing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents. This role will also deputise for the Information Security Officer, with the potential to develop into this role. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Oversee the design and delivery of Security Operations strategy and operating model
- Lead and supervise the Security Operations team
- Direct the investigation of any suspicious activities and/or security events from any sources to ensure they’re contained, remediated, and reported as detailed within Chaucer’s Security Incident Response framework
- Manage and continually improve the integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of Chaucer’s 3rd party managed SOC solution to ensure the appropriate events and logs are being collected, analysed, and alerted on, for both local and cloud-based events
- Improve and regularly test the effectiveness of Chaucer’s Security Incident Response framework
- Develop, document and continually improve a formal threat intelligence program
- Deputize for the Information Security Officer with the potential to develop into that role
- Support the Information Security Officer by providing regular updates on key operational security metrics and emerging risks
Who are they looking for?
If you have experience working in a Security Operations function with strong knowledge of the Wintel environment at an infrastructure level (most importantly from a networking perspective) and strong, proven experience managing a technical security incident response program then they’d like to hear from you!
What personal qualities are important at Chaucer?
- Structured, organised, self-motivated and proactive
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills
- Comfortable liaising at all levels, including senior stakeholders and external entities
- Good at working both independently and in teams
- Well-presented and business-like
- Adaptable to a pressured environment
Chaucer is a leading specialty insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. Their enterprising and trusted experts offer market-leading cross class capabilities, empowered decision-making and a tailored approach.
People who join Chaucer appreciate the positive culture of togetherness they find. It is a place where smart people are given early responsibility to make decisions, whilst enjoying support from every area of the business. They are committed to providing an environment that helps employees perform and grow with a range of development opportunities to meet the needs of their employees and build the capabilities they need to ensure their continued success.
Chaucer is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment that reflects their company values. They recognise that diversity and inclusion is integral to the achievement of their strategic goals and it is important to them, to build teams that are as diverse as the customers and communities they serve. Chaucer believe that good diversity promotes different perspectives and ideas, mitigates against groupthink and is just good business practice. They are part of the Women in Finance Charter and Race and Work Charter. Find out more here.
How to apply
Please send you cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you saw this role advertised on Women Returners
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2021 (extended).