Opportunity: 6-month returnship (with flexible working options)
Start Date: January 2024
Apply by: ASAP, latest by 31 October 2023
*Applications have now closed*
AtkinsRéalis is pleased to be partnering with Women Returners for their 2024 Returners Programme.
Begin the return to your career with confidence.
AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading design, engineering and project management organisation. They connect people, data and technology to transform the world’s infrastructure and energy systems. Together, with their industry partners and clients, and their global team of consultants, designers, engineers and project managers, they can change the world.
They work with private and public sector clients including central government, and their work covers sectors including transportation, infrastructure, environment, water, energy, defence, technology and aerospace.
What is the Returners Programme?
The AtkinsRéalis Returners Programme is designed to support people who have taken an extended career break of 12 months or more. The six-month program will help you to rekindle your career. As an AtkinsRéalis Returner, you’ll have access to diverse opportunities in roles such as Civil Engineers, Project Managers, and more. They provide comprehensive training, coaching from Women Returners, training courses tailored to your needs, and flexible working options to support your transition back into employment. Start with a 30-hour workweek and transition smoothly into a work pattern that suits your lifestyle.
AtkinsRéalis is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) as a fundamental part of their culture. By offering tailored support, they aim to create a welcoming and inclusive workplace for you to thrive in your career.
The flexible working culture at AtkinsRéalis
Who doesn’t need a friendly, dynamic work environment that supports your life beyond the office? The unwavering support for flexible and remote working policies at AtkinsRéalis reflects their commitment to being an employer of choice. They break down the outdated stigma around flexible work arrangements, allowing you to shape your career on your terms. It’s a culture built on trust, mutual commitment, and the belief that successful careers and fulfilling personal lives can thrive side-by-side. Discover how AtkinsRéalis supports your work-life balance
Explore the diverse career opportunities.
See below for the roles where AtkinsRéalis is recruiting. They also welcome candidates with other experience in the Transportation, Infrastructure, Nuclear, Power, Defence, or Technology sectors.
- Civil and Structural Engineers – UK wide
- Mechanical Engineers – Warrington, Derby, Sheffield, Epsom, Bristol, Glasgow, Cumbria (with flexible working)
- Electrical and C&I Engineers – Warrington, Derby, Sheffield, Epsom, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cumbria (with flexible working)
- Project Managers – UK wide
- Human Factors Consultants – Bristol, London, Aldershot, Birmingham, Manchester (with flexible working)
- Architects – Epsom, London, Birmingham (with flexible working)
- Building Design Engineers – Epsom, London, Bristol, Birmingham, Warrington, Glasgow (with flexible working)
- Digital Business Analysts – London, Bristol, Birmingham (with flexible working)
- Software Developers /Engineers – London, Bristol, Aldershot (with flexible working)
- Candidates with other experience in the Transportation, Infrastructure, Nuclear, Power, Defence, or Technology sectors, not included in the above roles can apply to their Expressions of Interest role
Why choose the AtkinsRéalis Returners Programme?
- Supported Transition: Start with a 30-hour work-week and transition smoothly into a work pattern that suits your lifestyle.
- Financial Reward: They offer market-competitive salaries and a Total Reward package that can be tailored to your lifestyle. And they have regular reviews and recognition through their peer-to-peer #WOW program for a culture of appreciation.
- Flexible Holiday Scheme: Enjoy the freedom to purchase up to 15 extra holiday days, reflecting their commitment to helping you achieve a work-life balance.
- Flexible Benefits: Tailor your benefits package to your needs, from eco-friendly options like salary sacrifice electric vehicles to essential coverage for life’s key moments, such as family planning and healthcare, through their Digital GP service.
- Collaborative Culture: Learn in their diverse and inclusive global workplace with colleagues ready to help you succeed.
- Diverse opportunities: Explore various markets that interest you – from government to defence and education to transportation and more.
- Career progression: Keep your skills sharp with their in-house training and professional initiatives. they also accelerate your professional development through learning opportunities, assignment options and mentorship.
- Thrive with them: They’ll support you as well as your priorities. They are committed to creating an environment where employees can thrive, flourish, and achieve their full potential. Their holistic approach to employee wellbeing revolves around a comprehensive framework comprising five essential pillars: physical, emotional, workplace, financial and social & community.
- Diverse leadership: With a vision to see more women in leadership, they are investing in female employees at all career stages. Over the last 10 years, programmes like INSPIRE have helped over 1,000 women advance their careers with the. Read more about Women in AtkinsRéalis.
- Technical excellence: Take your career where you want with their global cross-sector experience, digital innovation and broad engineering heritage.
How to apply
For further details about the programme opportunities and to apply, please use the relevant links above.
Application deadline: Apply ASAP, latest by 31 October 2023
Interviews will take place in November 2023
Start Date: mid to end January 2024
AtkinsRéalis wants you to perform at your best at each stage of the recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how they can support you better, please contact the Returners team confidentially at Returners@Atkinsglobal.com
With any questions, please email Returners@Atkinsglobal.com