Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 13 February 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
If you want to take the first step back into industry after an extended career break, Aon’s Return to Work Programme may be the springboard you need. They are seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals who they can support on their journey back to the workplace, with the opportunity of a permanent role at the end of the 6-month programme. At Aon, they prioritise high quality talent, so they are happy to discuss your skills, interests and needs to find the right role and working style for you.
AON is delighted to partner with Women Returners and the Diversity Project to participate in this programme and they have opportunities within their retirement and investment business areas.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in April 2022, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement.
- They have roles available in a number of specialisms, giving you the opportunity to split your time across business areas that best match your experience, skills and interests.
- These roles are available in their London office but if you need to flex your working pattern do let them know. Aon offers flexible and agile working policies, including part-time opportunities from day one, and they’re happy to discuss different options with you.
- In response to changing working patterns they have developed a completely virtual onboarding programme, alongside their existing in-person programme, that will allow you to get up to speed and integrated in whichever work environment suits you.
- In addition to their traditional onboarding process, you will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy and Returner Coaching from Women Returners. As the coaching will be delivered as a cohort, you will benefit from a ready-made peer support group of other returners.
You bring skills and expertise
They are looking for people who have:
- A background in the Investment industry with previous experience in areas such as consulting, fund management or banking firm, involved in investing for, or advising on asset pools.
- An understanding of the main asset classes and different investing styles (e.g. active/passive), how asset classes interact and the role they can play in meeting investment objectives)
- Relevant investment qualifications (for example you may be part or fully qualified in a relevant professional qualification (e.g. IMC, CFA, FIA etc.) note that this is not a requirement
…it is more important that you:
- Have strong interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Can identify problems and are proactive and creative in identifying solutions to help clients make better decisions
- Are passionate about delivering a first class experiences to clients
- Can effectively manage relationships and processes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand Aon’s offering or have a willingness and passion to learn.
They are looking for people who have a background in Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit Pensions with previous experience in areas such as:
- Traditional Trustee or Corporate actuarial consulting
- Pension scheme governance, management, or administration
- Risk settlement/transfer
- Member options
- GMP equalisation
- Project management
Strong candidates will:
- Be passionate about delivering first class client experiences to multiple clients within agreed financial and time budgets.
- Be able to effectively manage relationships and processes.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a willingness to learn about Aon’s products, people and tools
You may also be part or fully qualified in a relevant Professional qualification (e.g. APMI, FIA etc.) although this is not a requirement.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Their 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Their Colleague Experience
Every day, their colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together they share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of their identity, and it lives in everything they do. To learn more about their colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
What AON will offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
How to apply
To apply for roles within the retirement business, please click on the link here.
To apply for roles within the investment business, please click on the link here.
The closing date is 13 February 2022 (extended). All applications will be reviewed and applicants invited for interviews from mid-February 2022. Offers will be made in March, with the programme starting in April 2022.
To find out more, or if you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
With any questions on the Diversity Project Cross-Company Programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org